Tuesday, January 12, 2010

To my soon to be sweetheart...

Dearest Adrayn,


I have woken up the last few nights and just sat awake for a bit to feel you move. Just lying there awake with my hand on that spot that you always seem to kick. I even started to cry when I realized that I soon will be holding you in my arms, and will no longer feel your little squirms and kicks inside of me. It is a feeling that has brought me comfort and joy over the last 15 weeks, and one that I will miss when you're born.... although I realize the trade-off is even more joyous.




It is impossible to know what to expect on any level with this experience, so all I can do is try.


I promise to try...
to live in the present with you, and enjoy all aspects of raising you
to have patience with you, when you are a baby and cannot yet speak, or when you're a teenager and test my last nerve
to always hold you when you need some warmth and love... this applies to you when you've grown into a man as well
to always try to set the best example I can for you to be proud of, and for you to learn from and set your own path
and to always be a source of unconditional love





You should know that you will have an overflowing amount of  love from grandparents, uncles, aunts, siblings, and of course, your parents.
As the day I can see your beautiful face draws near, I await you with open arms.
As much as I will be guiding you in your life, you will also be guiding me in mine. I cannot wait to share this journey with you little man.

See you soon. Love you very much.
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment