Monday, January 4, 2010

Blubber butt Amy

Like I don't feel out of shape enough already, I just took my Gestational Diabetes test (the One-Hour Screen Challenge) and failed!!! 



This means that I have to go back to the clinic on Wednesday and stick around for not 1 hour this time, but 3 hours, drink a cocktail that is 2X as sweet, and have my blood drawn every hour until they are satisfied that I am in the clear or they will diagnose me with Gestational Diabetes and I will have to watch my blood sugar.

Ahhhh...!!!!

Although, it states that only 15% of woman whom "fail" this test actually do "fail", and the other 85% that re-take with the 3-hour test are just fine... it still makes me nervous. It's a nice wake up call to cut out those sweets (sorry Adrayn)!
Website Reporting Above Statistics


I will let you all know what happens with test #2, but for now... no sweets for me, and a nice work-out routine is now in place.
I just don't understand... this is not genetic to my family, and I don't eat fast food, and DO exercise... I'm just a bit in awe about the whole situation.


Maybe it was the lab lady that said "No one has passed this today, good luck", that didn't send the correct positive vibes, or it could be the fact that I am ingesting too many cookies this holiday season. Whatever the reason.... I hope I am in the clear! I don't want a big baby!! Ouch!

Jeremy is a trooper, and is a nice positive light. If not for him, I'd be a depressed gal right now. He sat in on the 1-hour test, and has offered to render his companionship again for the 3-hour test. What a love. Thanks baby!

Wish me luck Wednesday!

Mucho Love.













1 comment:

  1. Don't worry Amy, I failed my 1 hr test too. I passed the 3 hr test with flying colors. It would help if the clinic would tell women to eat lunch or breakfast before they come for the one hour to get accurate results. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete