Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The joys of being a step-parent...

Since I don't have a child of my own (yet), I only know what it is like to nurture others. I have been in love with children since I was a child myself and have always wanted to be a mom.
When I met my current boyfriend (Jeremy), children were part of the package, and not once did I think of that as an obstacle. I am very happy to have 2 wonderful kids in my life, and feel that they have and are showing me how to be the best mom to them and our unborn child.
I realize that I don't get the same kind of love that a blood parent that knew them from birth does, but I do get a different kind of love that I am more than welcoming of.
I am also awakened to a whole new sense of patience that I was unaware of! Wow, I knew I was impatient, but that is changing, as well as not getting things done exactly the way I had planned...
Parker and Presley have shown me to take a breath more often, and to explain the "whys" in life more, often leaving me with MORE questions myself... which is always great... re-evaluation is a must!
I am very lucky to be a step-mom. Through the tantrums and giggles it is a honor I wouldn't trade.
I think I lost my job this year for a bigger reason, to get to know these great babes a bit more before their father and I thank them with a new sibling next year. People keep asking me if I want a boy or girl... honestly, the more I think about it I don't care as long as the baby is healthy. I am already blessed with one of each.

Pictures from the Pine Tree Apple Orchard 2009








Thank you Parker for always saying the sweetest compliments when you know I need them, you are so aware and sensitive to others feelings it always amazes me. I know the movie that you and Papa are working so hard on will be a great success after much hard work!

Thank you Presley for always making me laugh, you have the most hilarious voices that I have ever heard! You always amaze me with how quickly you learn! Just today you rocked a spelling "test" and left me with my jaw on the floor. I could see from your beautiful secret smile that you were quite proud of yourself. Good job!

Two very bright and beautiful kids, thank you.

Mucho love!

No comments:

Post a Comment