Friday, September 25, 2009

... and the energy kicks in!

Pregnant Lady | Wk 16:

I woke up this morning at 5:30 am with my eyeballs wide open and a smile on my face... if you know me, this is not common.

Amy pre-pregnant didn't like to wake up until 10 am (if she could help it) and didn't have a smile until about noon; after much coffee was consumed!!

I'm digging this portion of the pregnancy, and all of it thus far!
I've only been sick once, and that's due to the fact that I ate the most TART apples ever with salt on them first thing in the morning... that's just like battery acid on a persons empty belly! What was I thinking?!!

Well anyhoo, I'm starting this blog to track my first pregnancy and keep the memories for the little one to be.

Quick rundown on me:
  • Dating a wonderful man named Jeremy (Teacher, Actor, Athlete, Carpenter... Etc)
  • Step-Mom to 2 kids | Parker 8 (Boy), and Presley 6, (Girl)
  • Unemployed currently - Member of the economic downfall layoffs of 2009
  • Living in a Duplex with insane neighbors below (many stories to come I'm sure)
Funny story #1:
Jeremy and I are SUPER eager to find out the sex of this baby!
We don't really mind either way, I am just more excited to shop, etc.
We heard of this test called "Intelligender" that is available at Walgreens for $30, so we immediately ran out and bought it...
http://intelligender.com/

After following the instructions and allowing mixture to sit for 10 minutes we ran in to check out the results! Initially to me it was looking like (orange) girl at eye level, then Jeremy picked it up and decided to swirl the contents before I could really assess further.... a BIG No No!! So then all the stuff mixed after sitting for the 10 minutes it was supposed to and looked more like a (green) boy...

I have no clue what to think, so here are some pictures. Remember these were taken AFTER Jeremy swirled the concoction.



























What do you think?!

Purchase #2 | Heart beat monitor
Can't use until I'm 20 weeks, but so far I can hear my stomach digesting food?!

I'll keep this as updated as possible with all the stories to come, and pictures of my belly!

Hope you all enjoy!
Mucho love!

*****Update: 9/28/09
I emailed the above pictures to the "Intelligender" people and was sent this response:

Based on these pictures this is a girl result!

Congratulations and please let us know when you confirm!

The Moms of IntelliGender

So, again this is a waiting game, but we'll see via a ultrasound on 10/14/09!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment