Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Life IS too short for that...

Releasing toxic relationships isn't permanent. 
It is a choice for the here and now. 




My husband and I have received a sharp  reality-check when it comes to outside support, both emotional, and physical. After a year riddled with many trials and tribulations, sadly, some of the closest relationships in our lives don't really "get it". It has been an unreal wake up.




I think that I have always tried to "Make the peace" in many relationships in my life... I would suck it up and grin (with the occasional meltdown)... as I'm sure most of you did, and still do in your personal lives. 

Why? 

I had to ask myself that again, recently. 

Why? 

I am in pain when I allow certain relationships to continue with a blind eye. They serve me no good, as I am not being my genuine self. 
I go back and forth... Are my expectations too high? Maybe. Why? Because that is what I would do. 

It's all a vicious circle that always ends in sadness.



I will read positive quotes and affirmations, and they typically have a message like "Life is too short to stay angry". Well, I have always strived to appreciate these words... but I think I had interpreted them wrong all along.

I have always been a huge people pleaser... and still am to some degree. My old mindset would have read this message as "Stay in toxic relationships because doing the opposite would be negative". Wow... YEP... people pleaser!

Now I see these quotes in a whole new light thanks to this past year, and namely Adrayn. 

This quote now reads... Which relationships are you currently in that grow you? Which do not? Which relationships harbor too much negativity? 
STOP and reflect. 
Breathe. 
Then, don't be afraid to let them go. 

Yeah, it's a bit more wordy than the old mindset, but it's all about wellness, contemplation, and being authentic.




Once you let a toxic relationship go, it will be gone forever... well, in the form that had no growth for you. That is not a bad thing, but a beautiful thing. 
If this was an important relationship, hopefully it does return... healthier, more inspiring, and contented.
Sadly, though, we must realize that sometimes these relationships do not come back... and that is the "fear factor" that keeps many of us from letting them go to begin with. 
Life is always in flux, and we must always be riding the waves. 
Someone that was your best friend for 17 years may not be more than a phone call once in a blue moon, whereas the gal you met at the park last week could turn out to be your new partner in crime. 

This is how it is now. 
It will change. 
It always does. 

The time to be authentic is now... because.... honestly, THAT is what this life is too short for. 

Mucho LOVE!


No comments:

Post a Comment